Saturday, August 18, 2007

Princess gown: AFTER

This is the finished product of the dress. The center piece was cut out. The zipper was removed from the back. The skirt was cut off and reattached with more gathers. A lace center bodice piece was added with boning. Tight snap strips became the front opening to the dress. Short puffed sleeves were made of mock satin (the same material as the new underskirt. Petticoats finished it off . . . Overall, a huge project, but it was a fun experiment in heavy alterations!
Posted by Picasa

Friday, August 17, 2007

Princess Gown: BEFORE

Notice the changes required to get from here to the finished product! Please see "after" pictures.

Full-Circle Cloak

This is just to give you an idea how full these cloaks really are. In reality, they are a full circle plus about three to four feet more (measured on the bottom). This one is made of a lightweight nylon, which has a very full effect without the weight. Cost: $40 and up. Lined: $60 and up.
Posted by Picasa

Wedding Dress

The top was removed from a thrift store bargain dress. The skirts, linings, and sash are new materials. The skirt and sash are satin and the dress is overlaid with organza. Since I didn't have to custom-fit the bodice, finishing the dress took much less time... and thereby cost much less!
Posted by Picasa

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Cloaks and Medieval Dress

All these cloaks were sewn for family members. The long brown is a tough cotton twill. The long blue is made of nylon, light-weight for hot Arizona but highly durable. The small light blue cloak is made of a stretch material something like an organza with flowers. She's wearing a dress custom modified for size and material. The dress is made of a polyester blend. Flower-embroidered ribbons trim the neckline, waist, and arms. This is sewn in a medieval look-alike style. Any of these costumes can be duplicated in a different material.
Posted by Picasa

Printmaking: Printed Card

Here's another wood-burning in balsa example. This card was printed using block printing ink. I really liked how this one turned out. Custom cards like this and others are available for purchase.
Posted by Picasa

Printmaking: wood-burning

This is one of my first attempts at wood-burning (instead of woodcut). It worked out alright and it prints beautifully. Made from Balsa wood.
Posted by Picasa

Halloweeen Fun: Haunted House

Halloween fun! I searched till I found the perfect scary house and then blew it up to just the right size. This was the result: best pumpkin my siblings and I ever carved! It's funny that we've never tried anything but faces before... perhaps the perfectionism we all carry doesn't like having a project rot after it's finished!
Posted by Picasa


This shot worked out so perfectly! I was in the mountains and picked up this crawl-a-phant and handed my camera to a friend. I loved how the journal I'm holding has "Imagination" across the front and I just happen to be wearing orange gloves and a blue fleece sweatshirt. This one just happened perfectly. I wouldn't change a thing. This shot is available for purchase. E-mail for full-frame view, this one is heavily cropped.
Posted by Picasa

Monday, December 18, 2006

The Beginning

Welcome to my blog! This page will contain many of the things I have created for Sissalu's Stash! Check it out and let me know what you think!